Recipe by hellomisskitty83
Very good, quick, all whole ingredients. From IVillage
Top Review by lindsay.irion
It was a little salty for me and my patties didn't stay together very well. It was great with ketchup. I think next time I will modify it a bit and make the mix into a meatloaf rather than patties.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces tempeh
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and water over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are very tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pinto beans, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, and mash with a potato masher. Stir in the mushrooms.
- Grate the tempeh on the large holes of a box grater. (Or finely chop it with a knife.) Stir the tempeh into the mushroom mixture until well combined. Shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Spray the broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the broiler. Broil the burgers 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn the burgers over and brush the tops with the chili sauce. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the burgers are heated through.
- Makes 4 servings.