Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegance made easy! If your party-planning philosophy is that cooks should also enjoy themselves, then this rich, simple, no-fuss Hors D'Oeuvre is for you. Designed to be prepared in advance, they are perfect even when frozen & reheated. You can also substitute onions for the mushrooms!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 cup cream cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- PASTRY: Place flour& salt in food processor and scatter butter& cheese over top; pulse together with on-off motion.
- Remove from processor, form into a ball& chill for 30 minutes.
- Pinch 1 inch balls from the pastry& pat (NOT rolled as this pastry is very rich) into small tart or muffin tins- or foil tart tins.
- Chill until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat butter in skillet; add mushrooms& saute for 5 minutes or until juices disappear.
- Add garlic& cream& bring to a boil; add lemon juice, green onion, parsley& seasonings.
- Spoon into pastry cases.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until pastry is edged with gold& mushroom filling is hot.
- Turn out of tins& cool for 10 minutes.
- These may be frozen on cookie sheets, placed in freezer containers& reheated from frozen state at 350F for 15 minutes or until filling is hot.