1 hr 5 mins
Elegance made easy! If your party-planning philosophy is that cooks should also enjoy themselves, then this rich, simple, no-fuss Hors D'Oeuvre is for you. Designed to be prepared in advance, they are perfect even when frozen & reheated. You can also substitute onions for the mushrooms!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PASTRY: Place flour& salt in food processor and scatter butter& cheese over top; pulse together with on-off motion.
- 2Remove from processor, form into a ball& chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Pinch 1 inch balls from the pastry& pat (NOT rolled as this pastry is very rich) into small tart or muffin tins- or foil tart tins.
- 4Chill until needed.
- 5Preheat oven to 400F.
- 6Heat butter in skillet; add mushrooms& saute for 5 minutes or until juices disappear.
- 7Add garlic& cream& bring to a boil; add lemon juice, green onion, parsley& seasonings.
- 8Spoon into pastry cases.
- 9Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until pastry is edged with gold& mushroom filling is hot.
- 10Turn out of tins& cool for 10 minutes.
- 11These may be frozen on cookie sheets, placed in freezer containers& reheated from frozen state at 350F for 15 minutes or until filling is hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.0
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g