1/3 Photos of Mushroom Tart
1 hr 20 mins
A rich treat from the food network and Michael Chiarello.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs cleaned mixed mushrooms (sliced or quartered depending on variety)
- gray salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 -3 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 lb dried beans, for baking crostata shell
- 4 -8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Heat 2 large saute pans over high heat.
- 3Working in batches divide the olive oil between the 2 pans.
- 4When the oil is hot but not quite smoking, add the mushrooms, season with gray salt and pepper, add the butter to each pan and allow to caramelize.
- 5Once mushrooms have cooked down to half their volume, transfer all mushrroms to 1 pan.
- 6Add the shallots and garlic and cook until the light brown and fragrant.
- 7Add the thyme until it crackles.
- 8Add the cream and bring up to a simmer.
- 9Reduce the cream by about half and stir in the grated parmesan, and the lemon juice.
- 10Shut off the flame and quickly stir in the beaten egg.
- 11Remove from the stove and let cool to room temperature.
- 12Add parsley and stir.
- 13While mushroom mixture is cooling, roll out the pastry dough on a floured surface.
- 14Roll the dough out so that it will line a 10-inch removable bottom tart pan.
- 15Line the dough with parchment paper and fill with the dry beans.
- 16Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- 17Remove beans and paper.
- 18Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- 19When both the filling and shell have cooled to room temperature fill the shell with the mushroom mixture and top with the crumbled blue cheese.
- 20Arrange the tart mold on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 21Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- 22Slice in wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Tart
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 363.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: