Recipe by Kawaiineko32
A Moroccan mushroom spread that has a tomato base. Serve with a baguette that has been sliced into small pieces. Good vegetarian appetizer.
Top Review by Hobby cook
I used this recipe as a filling in a beef wellington rendition. 5oz tenderloin medallion, boursin cheese on top and the tapenade on top of the boursin. Wrap in 5 layers of phyllo pastry bring the corners up into the middle, twist and trim excess then spread to make a flower looking pastry. The tenderloins are pre-seared cooked to rare and chilled so you only need to bake them for 30mins temping with thermometer for correct doneness. Drizzle a red wine reduction over the finished product and there ya go :). The people i cooked this for ate the remaining tapenade with crackers, very good.
- 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 453.59 g button mushroom, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook until reduced by half.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry onion and garlic until soft. Add mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes until softened. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce and reduced stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in basil leaves.