1 hr 25 mins
Beth Brady.'s Note:
I created this recipe the other night when I wanted a "gourmet" burger. We really liked them! It looks complicated, but it’s not, I promise! I start cooking the mushrooms about 10-15 minutes before I start the burgers. I toasted the buns before serving, as well. This recipe is for two, but can easily be adjusted. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 buns, sesame, kaiser, etc
- 4 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1Mix meat, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and onion in a large bowl, just until ingredients are distributed evenly.
- 2Form two patties. Sprinkle steak seasoning on both sides of patties.
- 3Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (helps prevent patties from falling apart). This is when I wash and slice the mushrooms.
- 4Melt butter and extra virgin olive oil together in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to burn it.
- 6Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender, stirring often.
- 7Reduce heat to low, add Worcestershire sauce, stir and then season with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 8When burgers are ready to be cooked, heat a large skillet over moderately high heat.
- 9Add burgers. Don't move them, they fall apart easily. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- 10Flip the burgers, very carefully. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until done.
- 11Turn off heat; top with cheese.
- 12When the cheese is melted, spread steak sauce on the buns, both sides. Put the burgers on the bottom bun and heap the mushrooms (lots and lots of mushrooms!) on top of the burger. Put the top bun on and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Swiss Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1110.8
- Calories from Fat 834
- Total Fat 92.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.9 g
- Cholesterol 237.4 mg
- Sodium 815.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: