Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant and Yum.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a medium saute pan until they shrink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until they soften (3 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes).
- Add sherry and let it reduce slightly (2 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Add rice and toast, stirring for two minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a pot suitable for cooking rice with a tight-fitting lid and add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 12 minutes (or until rice is cooked).
- When rice is fullly cooked, add cheese and stir.