Elegant and Yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute mushrooms in butter in a medium saute pan until they shrink, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add onions and cook until they soften (3 minutes).
- 3Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes).
- 4Add sherry and let it reduce slightly (2 minutes).
- 5Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- 6Add rice and toast, stirring for two minutes.
- 7Transfer mixture to a pot suitable for cooking rice with a tight-fitting lid and add 2 cups chicken broth.
- 8Bring to boil and then simmer for 12 minutes (or until rice is cooked).
- 9When rice is fullly cooked, add cheese and stir.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom & Swiss Rice
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 661.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g