Recipe by looneytunesfan
A tender chopped steak smothered in swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions and covered in a rich brown gravy. I had this the other night at Denny's and fell in love with it. I just had to re-create it at home.
Top Review by cooksince9
this recipie is great but better if you use garlic and herb pepper, lemon and herb or sea salt,
and instead of onions use the fried onion chips. not to mention fresh non canned mushrooms
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 small onion, sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape ground sirloin into patties. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, broil or fry to desired doneness.
- Remove patties to a plate and keep warm. Top with a slice of swiss cheese. In same pan, saute mushrooms and sliced onion in butter until tender. Add the beef gravy and warm through.
- Top cheese covered patties with the sauteed onions,mushrooms and beef gravy.