Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tender chopped steak smothered in swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions and covered in a rich brown gravy. I had this the other night at Denny's and fell in love with it. I just had to re-create it at home.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 small onion, sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy
- Shape ground sirloin into patties. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill, broil or fry to desired doneness.
- Remove patties to a plate and keep warm. Top with a slice of swiss cheese. In same pan, saute mushrooms and sliced onion in butter until tender. Add the beef gravy and warm through.
- Top cheese covered patties with the sauteed onions,mushrooms and beef gravy.
this recipie is great but better if you use garlic and herb pepper, lemon and herb or sea salt,
and instead of onions use the fried onion chips. not to mention fresh non canned mushrooms
It was okay, but bland. Tasted like a hamburger, it definately could benefit from some seasonings at least in the meat. It might be a good one to play around with. It's definately fast, had it on the table and cleaned up in 45 minutes!
I made this as part of my mom's birthday dinner this year and WOW its was awesome....everyone was looking for seconds!! Thanks for sharing