Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple but great tasting burger. Recipe is for 1, but double or quadruple ingredients for more.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 slice swiss cheese (1/2 ounce)
- 1 seeded hamburger bun, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomatoes (1/4 inches thick)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack about 6 inches from direct heat source.
- Preheat oil in a small skillet set over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and salt and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and turned golden brown, 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine sirloin, scallion, soy sauce, pepper and cooled mushrooms and mix lightly.
- Form into a patty and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil until cooked to desired doneness, 3 minutes on each side for medium, and top with Swiss cheese while hot.
- Spread each side of the bun with mustard, top with lettuce, tomato and the burger.
My husband really liked this burger. I doubled the recipe and we cooked them on the grill verses the broiler. Made for a nice dinner. Made and reviewed from Auzie Swap #32.
Awesome burger. Grilled outdoors and used two slices of swiss with mayo vs. mustard.
A delicious burger which was quick enough to make for a week night. I doubled the recipe for two and served these with my favourite baby spinach leaves on warmed crispy ciabatta rolls. Yum! I no longer worry about burgers or patties falling apart as I make them in egg rings. By the time I need to turn them over, I can dispense with the egg ring. Neat! Loved the soy sauce in these, both for its flavour and for how moist it makes the burger. I knew I would as it's an ingredient I very much like in my Recipe #120300. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, MarraMamba! Certainly one I'll be making again, next time in larger quantities so that I have some to put in the freezer. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.