This is a simple but great tasting burger. Recipe is for 1, but double or quadruple ingredients for more.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 slice swiss cheese (1/2 ounce)
- 1 seeded hamburger bun, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomatoes (1/4 inches thick)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack about 6 inches from direct heat source.
- Preheat oil in a small skillet set over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and salt and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid and turned golden brown, 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine sirloin, scallion, soy sauce, pepper and cooled mushrooms and mix lightly.
- Form into a patty and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil until cooked to desired doneness, 3 minutes on each side for medium, and top with Swiss cheese while hot.
- Spread each side of the bun with mustard, top with lettuce, tomato and the burger.
My husband really liked this burger. I doubled the recipe and we cooked them on the grill verses the broiler. Made for a nice dinner. Made and reviewed from Auzie Swap #32.
Awesome burger. Grilled outdoors and used two slices of swiss with mayo vs. mustard.
A delicious burger which was quick enough to make for a week night. I doubled the recipe for two and served these with my favourite baby spinach leaves on warmed crispy ciabatta rolls. Yum! I no longer worry about burgers or patties falling apart as I make them in egg rings. By the time I need to turn them over, I can dispense with the egg ring. Neat! Loved the soy sauce in these, both for its flavour and for how moist it makes the burger. I knew I would as it's an ingredient I very much like in my Pork, Mushroom and Soy Sauce Meatballs. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, MarraMamba! Certainly one I'll be making again, next time in larger quantities so that I have some to put in the freezer. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.