Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everytime I serve this, someone asks for the recipe and there are never leftovers. It makes quite a bit, so I sometimes cut the recipe in half for smaller parties. Otherwise, no one would have room for the main course!
- 1 loaf thin-sliced French bread
- 1 lb swiss cheese, sliced
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced or chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Saute mushrooms in butter, then add onions, poppy seed, salt and dry mustard.
- Heat through.
- Place one slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
- Top each slice with a spoonful of mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Cut slices into halves or fourths.