Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious side dish that I especially like to make with beef on special occasions. If you prefer, sauté mushrooms in olive oil instead of butter.
- 1 lb whole mushroom
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté mushrooms in 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Dissolve beef cubes in hot water.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter and blend with flour.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, and beef broth.
- Top with mixture of bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake in buttered casserole for 30 minutes at 350°F.
This is a great -and delicious!- way to serve mushrooms to a crowd. I doubled the recipe, made it a few hours ahead and chilled it. I just added 15 minutes to the baking time. Try using chicken base instead of beef base (boullion) to serve with roast chicken...yummy!
my dad has made this for years and since he's moved i haven't had it! i called him for the recipe & he didn't have it....so thanks for posting. i made it vegetarian by using vegetable bouillon. made it for thanksgiving & everyone loved it.