Recipe by Lainey39
Thought I would post this recipe here to try on Thanksgiving. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared cornbread stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towel.
- Drain, reserving 2 T drippings.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender.
- Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon; mix well.
- Combine eggs and broth; add to stuffing mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish (dish will be full).
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- This recipe is enough to stuff one 16-18-pound turkey or three 5- to 7-pound roasting chickens.