Recipe by Chouny
Found this recipe on an internet site from France and personalized it to my taste. I was looking for something different and found this recipe absolutely met my expectations. Everyone enjoyed this perfectly stuffed salmon. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Recipe Reader
I really liked this stuffing with the salmon. I cut this down for two, and used sourdough bread and parmesan cheese instead of cheddar. It really worked out well. I cooked 2 6 oz. portions, and they cooked much quicker. 400 degrees, 10-12 minutes, depends on thickness. I also topped with a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce from a packet. Thank you so much for this great recipe.
- 907.18 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 226.79 g cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 236.59 ml white bread cubes (one slice)
- 118.29 ml aged cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1.23 ml thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Rince salmon filet with water and pat dry.
- With a knife, make an incision lengthwise through the filet in order to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the mushrooms with onions until golden. Add the garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, drain any excess liquids from the sauted mushrooms, chop the cooked mushrooms in small pieces.
- Add bread and cheese to mixture.
- With a spoon, gently fill the cavity with the mixture.
- With remaining tablespoon of oil, coat the outside of the filet, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the stuffed filet on baking sheet and cook in the oven at 420 for approximately 20-25 minutes, don't overcook or it will become dry.
- Gently slice each portion and serve with any white sauce such as bechamel or hollandaise sauce (I used an envelope sauce mix).