Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe on an internet site from France and personalized it to my taste. I was looking for something different and found this recipe absolutely met my expectations. Everyone enjoyed this perfectly stuffed salmon. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup white bread cubes (one slice)
- 1⁄2 cup aged cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Rince salmon filet with water and pat dry.
- With a knife, make an incision lengthwise through the filet in order to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- In a pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the mushrooms with onions until golden. Add the garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, drain any excess liquids from the sauted mushrooms, chop the cooked mushrooms in small pieces.
- Add bread and cheese to mixture.
- With a spoon, gently fill the cavity with the mixture.
- With remaining tablespoon of oil, coat the outside of the filet, add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the stuffed filet on baking sheet and cook in the oven at 420 for approximately 20-25 minutes, don't overcook or it will become dry.
- Gently slice each portion and serve with any white sauce such as bechamel or hollandaise sauce (I used an envelope sauce mix).
I really liked this stuffing with the salmon. I cut this down for two, and used sourdough bread and parmesan cheese instead of cheddar. It really worked out well. I cooked 2 6 oz. portions, and they cooked much quicker. 400 degrees, 10-12 minutes, depends on thickness. I also topped with a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce from a packet. Thank you so much for this great recipe.
Wonderful! There is nothing more I can say but absolutely wonderful! I made using individual filets and served with Recipe#287444. Menu included twice baked potato and sauteed fresh asparagus. I used dried mushrooms but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Highly recommend this recipe that will be sure to impress anybody coming for dinner.
This is one of those recipes I would give 10 stars to, if I could! Such an elegant presentation and very easy! The flavors were wonderful. I served mine with a white sauce flavored with tarragon, and some of the mushroom pieces stirred in. I was only serving 2, so I used individual filets. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.