Recipe by Mainely Debbie
You can use whatever vegetable you want in this recipe for variety. I make these the day before Christmas dinner and don't finish baking them until then. Bring to room temperature before baking the next day. I also like to freeze extras for baking another time.
Top Review by squeaky1127
My family loved it! And it was easy to make. I didn't have mushrooms so I just put whatever I found (yellow pepper, green onion, parsley) and they turned out great. I love the fact it is easy to substitute different vegtables in. Will make again.
- 10 large baking potatoes
- 12 ounces canned mushrooms, drained well
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- granulated garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a 350F oven for about 2 hours or until cooked.
- Cool potatoes until cool enough not to burn yourself.
- Slice a thin layer off the top of potato and scoop out potatoes leaving a thin layer of potato in shell.
- Mix the rest of ingredients together using granulated garlic amount to taste and over stuff the potato filling into each shell.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake around 30 minutes until cheese is melted on top.