1 hr 30 mins
A yummy roast from Better Homes & Gardens - excellent for a family meal or a small dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups fresh mushrooms, assorted & chopped (i.e. shiitake, oyster, etc.)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon sage, snipped or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1/2 teaspoon sage, crushed
- 3 -4 lbs rib roast, pork loin center, backbone loosened (6 ribs total)
WHITE WINE and SHALLOT SAUCE
- 1For stuffing, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onion in hot butter about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in bread crumbs, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash pepper. Set aside.
- 2Trim fat from meat. On meaty side, cut a 3-1/2-inch-long and 1-inch-deep pocket above each rib, making 6 pockets. Spoon stuffing into pockets. Place meat, rib side down, in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part, not touching bone.
- 3Roast in a 325°F oven for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until thermometer registers 155°F After 1 hour, cover loosely with foil to prevent over browning. Remove roast from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 15 minutes. (The meat temperature will rise 5 degree F during standing.) Slice roast between ribs. Serve with White Wine and Shallot Sauce.
- 4White Wine and Shallot Sauce.
- 5In a medium saucepan, stir together chicken broth; dry white wine, apple juice, or apple cider; and finely chopped shallot. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- 6Stir together softened butter and all-purpose flour; stir into wine mixture, 1 teaspoon at a time, stirring constantly.
- 7Continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in snipped fresh thyme or sage or dried thyme or sage, crushed.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Stuffed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: