Chef Catherine Hofstad's Note:
This recipe comes from the January/February 2008 Vegetarian Times magazine.The mushrooms can be assembled up to 2 days ahead and individually wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fine breadcrumbs, divided
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Heat large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add half the oil and swirl to coat pan. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent, stirring often. Stir in white mushrooms, garlic and salt, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese.
- 3Fill each portobello with about 1/3 cup filling mixture. Toss tomatoes with lemon juice in a bowl, and lay tomato halves cut-side up over tops of filled portobellos.
- 4Place stuffed portobellos on baking sheet greased with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoons breadcrumbs. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. Sprinkle wuth chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom-Stuffed Mushrooms With Wild Rice and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbed goat cheese