Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from the January/February 2008 Vegetarian Times magazine.The mushrooms can be assembled up to 2 days ahead and individually wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fine breadcrumbs, divided
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add half the oil and swirl to coat pan. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent, stirring often. Stir in white mushrooms, garlic and salt, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese.
- Fill each portobello with about 1/3 cup filling mixture. Toss tomatoes with lemon juice in a bowl, and lay tomato halves cut-side up over tops of filled portobellos.
- Place stuffed portobellos on baking sheet greased with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoons breadcrumbs. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden. Sprinkle wuth chopped parsley.