Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Stuffed mushrooms using the stems! So good! EVERYBODY goes CRAZY for these!! I wish I could eat them every day. They go great with Italian food, or as an appetizer for parties or holidays. Easily doubled.
- 1 (12 ounce) package white mushrooms, with stems
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder or fresh garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use a lot of salt)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Wash mushrooms and scoop out stems.
- Chop stems as you did with celery and onion.
- Melt butter in large pan on low-medium heat.
- Add everything EXCEPT THE BREAD CRUMBS to the butter.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Sauté over medium for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, remove from heat.
- Mix well, let cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scoop stuffing into mushrooms so it's heaping quite a bit.
- Put mushrooms on cookie sheet, no need to grease it (See tip below).
- Place in 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- TIP: This can be prepared in the AM up to the baking part.
- Just leave prepared mushrooms on counter top until you want to bake them (not overnight).
These are delicious and easy. Everyone I've served them to loves them. Thank you.
The stuffed mushrooms are great. Also I added about a teaspoon of good olive oil and a little white wine. Mmmm!
Made these yummy treats for an appetizer! These were really easy to put together and the taste terrific!