Recipe by Jellyqueen
Stuffed mushrooms using the stems! So good! EVERYBODY goes CRAZY for these!! I wish I could eat them every day. They go great with Italian food, or as an appetizer for parties or holidays. Easily doubled.
- 1 (12 ounce) package white mushrooms, with stems
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- garlic powder or fresh garlic, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use a lot of salt)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms and scoop out stems.
- Chop stems as you did with celery and onion.
- Melt butter in large pan on low-medium heat.
- Add everything EXCEPT THE BREAD CRUMBS to the butter.
- Turn to medium heat.
- Sauté over medium for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, remove from heat.
- Mix well, let cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scoop stuffing into mushrooms so it's heaping quite a bit.
- Put mushrooms on cookie sheet, no need to grease it (See tip below).
- Place in 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- TIP: This can be prepared in the AM up to the baking part.
- Just leave prepared mushrooms on counter top until you want to bake them (not overnight).