Recipe by WhoKnew?
This recipe is different from the others on Zaar; the seasonings are not the same. I also liked the look of this recipe because it keeps processed ingredients to a minimum (hard to find convenience items in India sometimes). From "The Ultimate Cooking Course", 2003.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook mushrooms & onion in butter over med-high heat until soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, steak sauce, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper to bowl; mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine beef, pork, ketchup, and eggs; mix well.
- Pack half meat mixture into large loaf pan, pressing to create an even layer. Pack all of mushroom mixture on top, then cover with rest of meat mixture.
- Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven & let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour off juices, then unmold meatloaf onto serving plate. Slice & serve hot.