Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is another recipe that my DH says he cannot read. Maybe he is right - it was written out by my mother and photcopied by me some 20 years ago. Good luck!!
- 2 lbs minced beef
- 7 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory or 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (can substitute with two six-oz.canned, see Note)
- Mix in a large bowl until well blended-- minced beef, tapioca, onion, eggs, lemon juice, mustard, savory or sage, salt and hot water.
- Slice mushrooms and fry quickly over high heat in butter for one (1) minute. If using canned, fry mushrooms in 1/2 cup butter, one (1) teaspoon lemon juice and 1 medium onion.
- Divide meat mixture into two parts. Place half of meat mixture covering the bottom half of a buttered loaf pan. Spread cooked mushrooms over the meat and cover with the remaining meat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes.