Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy and delicious.
Top Review by Terrilynn
Another great one NurseDi. My family really enjoyed this today. I served them on a bed of seasoned white rice. For the one person who can't eat onions, I left one without stuffing it and she raved about it too. Next time I may alter it just a little for my cheese lovers and add a slice of mozzerella just before I take them out of the broiler. Thanks for another great recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium potato, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion and mushrooms, and saute over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine ground beef and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; shape into 8 patties.
- Top 4 patties evenly with onion mixture; cover with remaining patties, pressing edges to seal.
- Wrap each with 2 bacon slices, securing with wooden picks.
- Place on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 10 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.