Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium potato, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion and mushrooms, and saute over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine ground beef and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; shape into 8 patties.
- Top 4 patties evenly with onion mixture; cover with remaining patties, pressing edges to seal.
- Wrap each with 2 bacon slices, securing with wooden picks.
- Place on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 10 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
Another great one NurseDi. My family really enjoyed this today. I served them on a bed of seasoned white rice. For the one person who can't eat onions, I left one without stuffing it and she raved about it too. Next time I may alter it just a little for my cheese lovers and add a slice of mozzerella just before I take them out of the broiler. Thanks for another great recipe.
Outstanding. We love hamburger steaks and this was exceptional. The mushroom-onion stuffing combined with the bacon flavor made us drool. Very savory and delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.
This was delicious and fun. Hubby thought we were having very fat hamburgers and was pleasantly surprised when he cut into it and found the surprise inside. I added cheese just before I took them out of the broiler. Definite keeper!!!