Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are wonderful grilled, of course you may season the ground pork to suit your taste, but I find if you are grilling the pork burgers, that they are better mixed with just the bare basics such as salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mustard (if using) as the middle filling has a lot of flavor. I just stated the basics LOL! The filling alone, can be prepared up to a day ahead, also the pork burgers can be stuffed a day ahead, covered an refrigerated until ready to grill. This recipe produces a lot of pork patties (around 12-14) I most always prepare/stuff the patties and freeze half for next time, unless that is, you are feeding a gang of hungry people! I have used half ground pork and half ground beef for this also.
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 3 lbs ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (optional and to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender in butter (about 2-3 minutes); set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, mustard (if using) Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 24 even size patties about 4-5-inches in diameter (this is for the top and bottom patties).
- Divide and spoon the mushroom mixture evenly onto center of 12 patties; place another pattie on top, and seal the edges of the meat tightly all around.
- Place patties on grill about 6-inches over medium coals.
- Grill about 20-22 minutes turning once until the patties are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on buns.