1/1 Photo of Mushroom Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
A nice and different way to serve eggplant. Makes a nice side dish presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplants or 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs, DIVIDED
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Halve the eggplant lengthwise. With a serrated spoon or a knife, scoop out pulp of eggplant, leaving about a 1/2" shell.
- 3Place shells on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- 4While eggplant shells are in oven, finely chop the eggplant pulp.
- 5In a pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add eggplant pulp, onion, parsley, salt, oregano, garlic and mushrooms. Cover and sauté, stirring occasionally, until eggplant pulp and mushroom are tender -- about 10 minutes or so.
- 6Stir in parmesan cheese and HALF of the breadcrumbs.
- 7Turn oven down to 350°F Remove eggplant shells.
- 8Spoon mixture into eggplant shells.
- 9Mix remaining half of breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over filled eggplant.
- 10Place filled eggplant shells back in the oven bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Stuffed Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 596.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g