My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups diced cremini mushrooms or 2 cups diced button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 (1/2 ounce) slices gouda cheese or 4 (1/2 ounce) slices Fontina cheese
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup madeira wine or 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 small cremini mushrooms (optional) or 4 small button mushrooms, halved (optional)
- thyme (optional)
- 1Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add diced mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in pepper, and set aside.
- 4Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket.
- 5Stuff 2 tablespoons mushroom mixture and 1 slice cheese into each pocket.
- 6Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- 8Remove chicken from skillet.
- 9Set aside; keep warm.
- 10Add broth and Madeira to skillet.
- 11Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- 12Combine cornstarch and water; add to skillet.
- 13Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 14Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 15Serve sauce with chicken; garnish with mushrooms and thyme, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Madeira Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 264.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g