Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An elegant dish from mushroomrecipes.org.
Make and share this Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and season the inside and the outside of the breast with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat cook 1/2 cup of onions with the butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms, cook until soft and browned about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Stir in the cheese and thyme. Add the breadcrumbs in increments until the mixture is stiff enough to form a loose ball.
- Stuff the mixture inside the chicken breasts.
- In the same skillet over high heat sear the chicken breast in the olive oil just until brown. Place on a baking sheet and put them in the oven to finish, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the remaining 1/2 cup onions and 1 clove garlic to the pan and cook until soft. De-glaze with wine.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a platter and pour the sauce over. Garnish with parsley.