1/1 Photo of Mushroom-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
1 hr 25 mins
Slices of tender beef filled with a savory mixture of mushrooms, bacon and bread crumbs. Elegant presentation for guests. Worth the expense for a special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon; crumble and set aside.
- 3Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 4In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, parsley and bacon.
- 6Cut a slit lengthwise three-quarters of the way through the tenderloin, and lightly stuff with mushroom mixture.
- 7Pinch meat together along the seam and secure with toothpicks.
- 8Combine butter with Parmesan cheese and brush over top and sides of meat.
- 9Press the remaining bread crumbs onto butter mixture.
- 10Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 11Cover and bake for 30 minutes and check for desired doneness (a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees for medium-rare; 160 for medium; 170 for well-done).
- 12If meat has not reach desired doneness, leave uncovered and continue cooking for up to 30 more minutes.
- 13Let stand for 10 minutes, then remove toothpicks before slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom-Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 254.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g