Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pair this with a salad for a light lunch. From Prevention Healthy Cooking.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, 1/3-less-fat softened (NeuchÃ¢tel)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed (15x12 inches)
- Heat oven to 375°F Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic over high heat about 10 minutes, or until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in cream cheese, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Lay phyllo dough on a clean dish towel and spread mushroom mixture about 1 inch away from short edge of dough. Fold sides over about 1/2 inch and use towel to help you roll it up like a jellyroll. Place roll on prepared baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until phyllo is golden brown. Allow strudel to cool 5 minutes before cutting into 12 slices.
I made this for a light supper for DH and I. It was my first time in cooking with phyllo and it went well. I used an assortment of mushroom which was good. Next time I'd use a more liberal pinch of nutmeg, but that is just personal tastes. I think as an appetizer it might be more realistic to say it serves 6. Thanks for sharing Gardening Girl! Made for Spring 2010 PAC.