1 hr 5 mins
Tracy K's Note:
Crispy phyllo-based "strudel" with a simple mushroom duxelles filling. Can also be made into triangles for a party appetizer. Freezes nicely (unbaked) so you can make it ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Saute mushrooms in butter and olive oil till well-softened.
- 3Add sherry, thyme, cream, and salt/pepper and cook till thickened.
- 4Lay out the phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- 5Cut in half so you have two equal rectangles.
- 6Spread half the mushroom mixture over one of your phyllo rectangles, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- 7Fold the short side edges over the mushroom mixture and then roll the whole thing lengthwise so you have a long, fat cylinder with no mushroom filling poking out.
- 8Repeat with remaining mushroom mixture and the other rectangle.
- 9Place rectangles side-by side, seam-side down, on a baking sheet, and bake in oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- 11**Alternate preparation: Using two phyllo sheets at a time, cut into 6-8 strips and prepare as you would for spanakopita, folding each strip into a triangle.
- 12Use a Tbsp
- 13of the mushroom filling for each one.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.5
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 676.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.4 g