1/4 Photos of Mushroom Strudel
Chef Kate's Note:
I make it sort of fat and bulky when it's just for us; long and skinny and somewhat elegant when I'm serving it at a party. Servings are calculated based on appetizer portions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, cleaned and sliced (woody stems removed)
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn, packed
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/2 lb asiago cheese or 1/2 lb goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 3 tablespoons melted sweet butter
- 1In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine oil, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Stir frequently, until mushrooms have released their liquid and most of that liquid is evaporated.
- 4Add the wine, the thyme, the basil, the spinach and the lemon rind.
- 5Saute until the liquid is evaporated.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- 7Stir in cheese, 4 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Line a cookie sheet with buttered parchment paper.
- 10Lay out one sheet of phyllo, brush with melted butter, top with another sheet of phyllo and brush again with butter.
- 11Repeat (using in total four sheet of dough).
- 12Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the phyllo dough.
- 13Lay out mushroom mixture over one end of Phyllo dough.
- 14Carefully roll into a strudel, tucking in the ends.
- 15Brush the strudel with butter.
- 16Bake until golden and crisp--about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: