Mushroom Stroganoff With Wild Rice
- Heat a deep frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook the onion gently for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for two minutes then add the sliced mushrooms. Continue to cook gently for a 5-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and golden-brown.
- Add the mustard and paprika and mix well so that everything is coated. Add the stock, stirring as you pour it. Simmer gently for five minutes while you cook the rice.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions in a separate saucepan until tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the mushrooms from the heat, stir in the soured cream along with the juice of two lemon wedges and mix it all together.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve the mushroom stroganoff with the rice and the remaining wedges of lemon on the side.
- This goes well with a side serving of Broccoli.