This is a really tasty dish, quick and easy to make and very affordable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 small shallots, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 250 ml vegetable stock or 9 fluid ounces vegetable stock, made from stock cube
- 200 g rice or 7 ounces rice
- 200 ml sour cream or 7 fluid ounces sour cream
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- salt and black pepper
- 1Heat a deep frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook the onion gently for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- 2Add the garlic to the pan and continue to cook for two minutes then add the sliced mushrooms. Continue to cook gently for a 5-6 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and golden-brown.
- 3Add the mustard and paprika and mix well so that everything is coated. Add the stock, stirring as you pour it. Simmer gently for five minutes while you cook the rice.
- 4Cook the rice according to the packet instructions in a separate saucepan until tender.
- 5Once the rice is cooked, remove the mushrooms from the heat, stir in the soured cream along with the juice of two lemon wedges and mix it all together.
- 6Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- 7Serve the mushroom stroganoff with the rice and the remaining wedges of lemon on the side.
- 8This goes well with a side serving of Broccoli.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Stroganoff With Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1016.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 85.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: