Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
St Petersburg, Russia by Chico Francesco from VS. Lacto vegetarian.
- 675 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150 ml milk or 150 ml soya milk
- 1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 40 g butter or 40 g margarine
- 450 g assorted white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender then drain and returning to pan.
- Heat the milk, add to potatoes and mash well. Then stir in the herbs and season to taste.
- Melt 15g butter or margarine in a pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes then stir in the cream, season to taste then cover and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter or margarine in a pan and stir in the breadcrumbs, herbs and then season to taste.
- Serve individually by placing equal portions of the mashed potato on each plate. Place on mushroom sauce and then topping. before serving toast under a hot grill until golden brown.