Mushroom Stroganoff With Herb Crumb Topping
- Boil potatoes until tender then drain and returning to pan.
- Heat the milk, add to potatoes and mash well. Then stir in the herbs and season to taste.
- Melt 15g butter or margarine in a pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes then stir in the cream, season to taste then cover and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter or margarine in a pan and stir in the breadcrumbs, herbs and then season to taste.
- Serve individually by placing equal portions of the mashed potato on each plate. Place on mushroom sauce and then topping. before serving toast under a hot grill until golden brown.