Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I love mushrooms and I am a big fan of stroganoff so this sounds like a good combo to me.
Top Review by DEEP
I just loved this recipe! Only thing I did different was to do a bit more garlic as others had suggested. This was a near PERFECT recipe for any mushroom lover. Heck, I could easily eat this for breakfast over toast or a biscuit. Thanks for sharing. Was glad to see the previous review when I got home today. I had all indgredients on hand, and it turned out as wonderful as I expected.
- 9 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1 ounce garlic butter, plus a little extra
- garlic butter, for spreading
- 2 slices whole grain bread, thickly cut
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a wok or frying pan over the heat while you thickly slice the mushrooms.
- Tip the butter into the pan and when sizzling add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile toast and lightly butter the bread and put on 2 plates.
- Stir the mustard and some salt and pepper into the mushrooms with 4 tbsp of the sour cream.
- When lightly mixed, pile the mushrooms and their creamy sauce on the toast.
- Spoon the last of the soured cream on top, sprinkle over the chives and grind over some black pepper.