I love mushrooms and I am a big fan of stroganoff so this sounds like a good combo to me.
Make and share this Mushroom Stroganoff on Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Put a wok or frying pan over the heat while you thickly slice the mushrooms.
- Tip the butter into the pan and when sizzling add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile toast and lightly butter the bread and put on 2 plates.
- Stir the mustard and some salt and pepper into the mushrooms with 4 tbsp of the sour cream.
- When lightly mixed, pile the mushrooms and their creamy sauce on the toast.
- Spoon the last of the soured cream on top, sprinkle over the chives and grind over some black pepper.