Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love mushrooms and I am a big fan of stroganoff so this sounds like a good combo to me.
Make and share this Mushroom Stroganoff on Toast recipe from Food.com.
- Put a wok or frying pan over the heat while you thickly slice the mushrooms.
- Tip the butter into the pan and when sizzling add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile toast and lightly butter the bread and put on 2 plates.
- Stir the mustard and some salt and pepper into the mushrooms with 4 tbsp of the sour cream.
- When lightly mixed, pile the mushrooms and their creamy sauce on the toast.
- Spoon the last of the soured cream on top, sprinkle over the chives and grind over some black pepper.
I just loved this recipe! Only thing I did different was to do a bit more garlic as others had suggested. This was a near PERFECT recipe for any mushroom lover. Heck, I could easily eat this for breakfast over toast or a biscuit. Thanks for sharing. Was glad to see the previous review when I got home today. I had all indgredients on hand, and it turned out as wonderful as I expected.
Really enjoyed this super easy dish. I used frozen garlic texas toast and precut mushrooms so the prep time was about 0. Gotta love it! Thanks for the great recipe Sarah-Jayne.....
Just made this for lunch and my 6 year old is in heaven! Very yummy! I added a little milk because the sauce was a little thick (but then again I didn't measure anything, I just put in rough estimates lol). I didnt have any chives, so I'll have to make sure to have them on hand next time. I think a little bacon and a tiny bit of all natural Worcestershire sauce would make this pretty much perfect.