Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a quick and easy side dish that goes well with roasts or chops. Plus, it is low fat, although, it doesn't taste like it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender and most of the mushroom liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in flour and cook stirring 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and cook until mixture thickens, stirring about 3 minutes.
- Mix in sour cream and nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper and add linguini.
- Toss to blend.