Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is awesome served over a lot of brown & wild rice.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups small mushrooms or 6 cups chopped mushrooms (use cremini, or portobello or even shiitake, ie, something with 'meat' and substance)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Saute onions and celery in butter in large pan over low heat until the onions are clear.
- Add the'shrooms& cook until their juices begin to run, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the basil& oregano.
- Stir in the flour& cook about a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock,& cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in the yogurt, add a little salt& pepper to taste.
- Heat gently before serving, but don't bring to the boiling point, or it will begin to curdle& separate.
- Stir in the parsley& serve.
This was rather average. While it didn't taste too bad, the grey colour was unappealing and five celery ribs was a lot of celery.
I found this recipe to be very comforting!I halved the recipe and used 3/4 cup veg. stock. I did add a little sour cream to the yogurt just to beef it up. I used button mushrooms, but would love to try it with portobellas next time. Thanks Moody for a nice dinner!
Overall, I thought this was average. Personally, for me it could do with a bit more flavour. I did however leave out the celery (dont like it), maybe that would make a difference. I also found that it was really watery. I made it for 2 and the recipe said 5/8 cups of stock, I used 4 and it didnt seem to thicken up, even after adding a bit more flour. It was however, really simple to make.