Recipe by Veggie Girl.
This is a great vegetarian main course that doesn't take alot of time to prepare. I normally use a combination of button mushrooms and cremini, but have also made it with the addition of portobello.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this dish for dinner tonight and served it over egg noodles. We found the flavor to be a bit on the bland side. After the fact, I went back and added garlic powder and additional S & P. Next time I would definitely add fresh garlic and additional spices to bring out the flavor of the mushrooms. Served this dish along with some creamed spinach. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2010.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed mushrooms, sliced thickly or quartered
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- egg noodles, cooked according to package and tossed with butter and fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have released all their liquid, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture, add broth, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3-5 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream and parsley. Stir until smooth and heated through, do not let it boil.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles or rice.