Recipe by VeggieHippie
This is a vegetarian version of Chibi's Stroganoff (13906.)
Top Review by amydietrichmark
This was really good! I honestly wasn't expecting too much, I mean cream of mushroom soup is a prominent ingredient, but it was really pretty amazing. I don't think people would assume it was in there if they didn't know. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms (portabella or button, sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- egg noodles (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, sautee sliced mushrooms and onions in the olive oil.
- Add soup and seasonings.
- Let simmer until brown and tender, about 5 minutes.
- A few minutes before it's time to serve, stir in the sour cream completely and heat through.
- Serve over a plate of egg noodles.
- Put a dollop of sour cream on top (optional.).