Recipe by Charlotte J
Don't let the title fool you. This stir-fry is packed with a variety of veggies and it also uses chicken breast.
- 3⁄4 ounce dried mushroom
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 cup scallion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 8 cups white rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cashews, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the dehydrated mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in a very hot skillet or wok.
- Add chicken cubes; cook until opaque.
- Remove chicken and reserve.
- Add rest of oil to wok.
- Add red bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, baby corn, snow peas, scallions, and dehydrated mushrooms (reserving liquid).
- Sauté 3- 4 minutes.
- Remove and reserve with chicken.
- Add the reserved liquid, cashews, ginger, garlic, sherry, and soy sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sauce should begin to thicken.
- Return vegetables and chicken to wok.
- Heat 1 minute longer.
- Serve atop white rice.