Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is good to top on steak and hamburgers. Very easy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (can use more or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in onions and cook over medium heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook and stir 4 minutes, or until onions are cooked.
- Spoon the mushroom sauce on top of meat.
Great as is but ooh, topping shaved steak and gravy is even better. I did use the jarred mushrooms but will use fresh next time around. Made for RS#41
DH loved these mushrooms on top of his rib eye steak! Very good and easy to put together. Will be making these again soon. Made and reviewed for the Australia/NewZealsond Forum's Recipe Swap #37.
This was tasty...I used fresh mushrooms as other reviewers did but otherwise made as directed. For some reason it was very soupy initially which I attribute to the fresh mushrooms, so I cooked it longer to remove some of the liquid. The consistency came out somewhat gummy, but we agreed it tasted very good. Next time I'll play with it a little more. Made for I Recommend Tag Feb '10.