Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband loves these sandwiches. They are so meaty, cheesy and wonderful. Best paired with Baked Basil Fries. Found both recipes in Quick Cooking. Tips: if meat is fatty, make sure to drain after cooking; meat is good even if only marinated for a few hours; extra yummy with deli mustard on rolls.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb round steak, cut into 1/4in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- sliced tomato
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine water, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 6-8hrs or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, brown steak over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender. Reduce heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; stir until cheese is melted and meat is coated.
- Spoon onto buns; top with tomatoes.