Recipe by jusme
My husband loves these sandwiches. They are so meaty, cheesy and wonderful. Best paired with Baked Basil Fries. Found both recipes in Quick Cooking. Tips: if meat is fatty, make sure to drain after cooking; meat is good even if only marinated for a few hours; extra yummy with deli mustard on rolls.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb round steak, cut into 1/4in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- sliced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine water, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 6-8hrs or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, brown steak over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender. Reduce heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; stir until cheese is melted and meat is coated.
- Spoon onto buns; top with tomatoes.