6 hrs 20 mins
My husband loves these sandwiches. They are so meaty, cheesy and wonderful. Best paired with Baked Basil Fries. Found both recipes in Quick Cooking. Tips: if meat is fatty, make sure to drain after cooking; meat is good even if only marinated for a few hours; extra yummy with deli mustard on rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lb round steak, cut into 1/4in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- sliced tomato
- 1In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine water, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add steak and turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 6-8hrs or overnight.
- 2Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, brown steak over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry until tender. Reduce heat.
- 3Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; stir until cheese is melted and meat is coated.
- 4Spoon onto buns; top with tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Steak Hoagies
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1640.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 34.0 g