Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
How to Cook Everything; Mark Bittman
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, trimmed and roughly chopped (preferably a mixture)
- 1⁄4 cup reconstituted dried mushroom, drained and chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Add olive oil to a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- After 1 minute, add the mushrooms; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, about 10 minutes, until they are quite soft but not yet brown.
- Stir in the shallot, garlic, and cream; cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs and cook, stirring, just until the mixture holds together, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, on toast.