Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request on the forums and found on http://www.garson-farm.co.uk
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 450 g mushrooms, such as oyster, shiitake, horse, a mixture etc
- 25 g chopped Italian parsley
- 15 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 200 ml dry marsala wine
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 60 g butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 200 ml beef stock or 200 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml milk
- 200 g shredded Fontina cheese
- 12 spinach lasagna noodles
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté, until tender.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, and thyme and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in wine and simmer 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Blend in flour and nutmeg, cooking and stirring until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Stir in fontina cheese and cook just until melted.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bottom of 12 by 8 inch baking dish arrange 1/3 of the lasagne noodles in single layer.
- Spread with one quarter of the mushroom mixture and one quarter of the sauce.
- Repeat layers with remaining noodles, mushroom mixture, and sauce, ending with sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable stock.
This recipe is incredible. Anyone who loves mushrooms will devour this. It is a great change of usual lasagna. Not having spinch noodles I use regular and add chopped squeesed spinach. Try it you may like it, better yet love it