1/2 Photos of Mushroom Spinach Goat Cheese Frittata
Adapted from Thalia's Restaurant in New York City, via Rachael Ray's $40 a Day. Wow, this is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add salt to pot. Add spinach to pot and cook for 30 seconds. Remove spinach from pot and immediately transfer to a bowl with 1 cup of water and ice. When the spinach is cool, drain it and squeeze out the excess water. Chop spinach roughly.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat oil over high heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and saute until it's golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Remove stems and black gills from the mushrooms. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the mushrooms with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer mushrooms to a small baking pan and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, dice the mushrooms and set aside.
- 4Turn up the oven temperature to 400*F.
- 5In a medium nonstick ovensafe saucepan set over medium-low heat, add 1 teaspoon of butter, 1/2 of the spinach, 1/2 of mushrooms, and 1/2 of eggs. Season mixture with salt and pepper. When eggs begin to set, top with 1/8 cup goat cheese. Place in oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Repeat with another teaspoons of butter and the other half of the spinach, mushrooms, eggs and another 1/8 cup goat cheese to make a second frittata(seasoning with salt and pepper) and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Spinach Goat Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (1263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 856.1 mg
- Sodium 2576.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 49.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: