Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy recipe I got from my recipe club. Easy to make and satisfying. You can adjust the spices to fit your desired preference for heat.
- 1 lb ground pork (**see substitution note)
- garlic, minced to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- chili powder
- creole seasoning
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces spinach, stems removed and torn
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 16 ounces green tomatillo sauce (You can substitute regular tomato sauce)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- cilantro, for garnish
- Cook pork in large skillet over medium heat. (**I sometimes will substitute cooked shredded pork roast. If so, I add the shredded pork just long enough to heat through after I saute the vegetables but before adding the spinach.).
- Add garlic, chili powder, creole seasoning, mushrooms and onion. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts.
- Add cream cheese, cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Heat sauce in microwave.
- Soften tortillas in microwave.
- Stir 1/4 of the sauce into the meat mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the center of each tortilla, fold and arrange in 13x9 pan.
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 until cheese melts, about 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro.