This easy creation can be served as a one-dish vegetarian meal, or forget about the pasta and sauce and just serve the veggies as a side dish. This was created one night recently when I couldn't decide on dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cheese tortellini according to package directions; heat alfredo sauce in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- 2Meanwhile, place oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat and add garlic; saute for 30 seconds then add mushrooms to pan.
- 3Drain cooked tortellini and return to pot, pour in heated alfredo sauce and stir well; place tortellini and sauce in a preheated shallow serving bowl (rinse with very hot tap water then quickly dry).
- 4As mushrooms are cooking, they will start to release their liquid; when this happens, add salt and pepper to taste, and basil; stir.
- 5Now add baby spinach to pan but do not stir.
- 6Let spinach steam on top of mushrooms for about 1 minute, then stir; very quickly the spinach will wilt, which indicates it's done; don't overcook.
- 7Pour vegetable mixture on top of tortellini; try to keep it in centre rather than all over top.
- 8If desired, very lightly dust with freshly grated nutmeg; a light touch must be used or the flavour will be too overpowering.
- 9Serve immediately, with parmesan cheese on the table for those who want it.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Spinach Delight
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: