Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious quick and easy meal that is sure to impress guests! Using a baggie to fill the shells, and pre-shredded mozzarella cuts lots of time out. You can also add and ingredients that perks your taste buds - squash, carrots, sun dried tomatoes the possibilities are endless
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn with stems removed
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 26 ounces pasta sauce (I use Classico Italian Sausage)
- 12 cannelloni tubes, cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, and garlic in olive oil 3-5 minutes.
- Mix ingredients in step 2 with ricotta, mozzarella (use all but one cup), parsley, eggs, salt, and white pepper.
- Pour filling into two 1-quart size Ziploc baggies.
- In an 8x12 baking dish spread 1/3 of the jar of pasta sauce on the bottom (just a light coat on the bottom so the pasta won't stick).
- Cut one corner on the Ziploc baggie and slowly squeeze the mix into each pasta shell and put filled shell in the baking dish (I had to squeeze in one side and then turn and squeeze in the other side).
- Pour the rest of the jar of pasta sauce on top of shells (If I have leftover filling, I squeeze it over the top first).
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cook for 30 minutes.