Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From: The Weekend, Foodcourt column.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 1 (200 g) can tuna in vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 can kimball mushroom spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
- Boil spaghetti until cooked.
- Drain tuna.
- Mash tuna with a fork.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add tuna, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and Kimball'Mushroom' Spaghetti sauce.
- Mix well.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Lower flame.
- Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens.
- Add parsley.
- Stir and remove from heat immediately.
- Drain spaghetti.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the spaghetti.
- Serve rightaway!