Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy one to make and can be used in any manner that you would use regular soy sauce.
- 1 gallon soy sauce
- 1 lb dried shiitake mushroom (dehydrated )
- In a large pot bring the soy sauce just to the boiling point. Do not boil or reduce.
- Add the pound of dehydrated shiitakes and let sit until the soy sauce has come down to room temperature.
- Strain the soy sauce through folded cheese cloth.
- Squeeze out as much soy sauce from the mushrooms as possible; using the cheese cloth makes this much easier.
Very nice easy recipe that tastes great. Thank you for sharing it and now I'll always have some on hand. :-)