Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was given this recipe along with a few other from someone. I hope you enjoy it!
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 4 cups); set aside.
- Roll pastry 1/8-inch thick; fit into 9 inch pie pan; turn under and flute edges; prick with fork tines.
- Bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbs.
- of the butter.
- Add onion; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbs.
- of butter in skillet; add mushrooms.
- Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Add sour cream, salt, tarragon, and black pepper; mix well.
- Reserve 1/3 of the mushrooms; add remaining sautéed mushrooms and onion to sour cream mixture; mix well.
- Pour into partially baked pie shell.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat reserved sautéed mushrooms until hot.
- Arrange on top of pie.
- Let pie stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Different and good. Very simple to make for weeknight dinner.